Beginner Photography Tips - Nicole Gugliotta Photography
Weddings & Engagements
Advice from Nicole
Beginner Photography Tips
1. If it's red, shoot it!
2. Look for layers
3. Take advantage of the beautiful natural light at golden hour (~1 hr before sunset).
4. Look for leading lines or line patterns
5. Patience is a virtue. Try to predict where your moving subject will be and get yourself in the best position for the shot when it comes.
6. Frame the shot with objects which provide context.
7. Rule of Thirds. Imagine the lines of a tic-tac-toe board across the image. Try to place the subject of the photo where the lines intersect.
8. Focus on the eyes
9. Overhead space is dead space! Fill the frame with something other than a white sky.
10. Symmetry is pleasing to the eye
11. Rotate your camera vertically about 30 - 40% of the time
12. Make use of reflections.
13. Shoot what you love.
Join Our E-Mail List to Receive Our Newsletter!
Powered by SmugMug
Owner Log In